Thursday, December 29, 2011

From the project Life is Alive

Kourtoglou Yiannis has added a photo to the pool:

From the project Life is Alive

Life is Alive is a project which was started in autumn 2010 and continues even today. Photographing strangers in their natural environment was challenging, but I accepted it without a second thought. Photography is a way for me to discover new places and meet unknown people. Getting in touch with these people was very convenient despite their issues with age, mainly due to the fact that they love to mingle with people outside the world/walls of their nursing homes. Personally, I believe that its very important to interact with the elderly, because it brought memories of my childhood and the lives of my grandparents, moments that were deprived due their early demise.

www.yianniskourtoglou.com



No comments:

Post a Comment