Saturday, March 17, 2012

CJLWS_Week 11 - My Lucky Something

Cjlws has added a photo to the pool:

CJLWS_Week 11 - My Lucky Something

My winning lottery ticket. Last week I was lucky enough to visit Austin, TX for South-By-Southwest. On the day of my arrival I received an automated email from the UK National Lottery informing me that I had a winning ticket and that I should log in to see how much I had won. One of the annoying things with the lottery emails is that the wording is exactly the same whether you have won one pound or tens of millions, prompting an excited visit to the site just to find out that you have won the former rather than the latter. However, in this case I found another feature of the lottery site - due to regulations you can't log in from overseas. Cue a whole week at SXSW whereby I knew my lucky numbers had won something, just no idea what.

Image info: Nikon D90 fitted with a Sigma 105mm Macro 2.8 @ f8. Illuminated from behind with a Nikon SB-700 to bring out the paper texture and from the right with a SB-600 to fill shadows and highlight the pencil.
Note One: These aren't the actual numbers that I played but rather a geek treat for those so inclined.
Note Two: The ticket turned out to be worth a whole £2.50 - so I won't be switching my D90 for a D4 any time soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment